Retaining wall collapsing

After speaking with another neighbour who had the same issue with an identical looking wall nearby, it sounds as though it might not be the moment of the soil behind pushing the wall over.

When the other wall was repaired he mentioned it being pinned back into another wall that sits behind the facing wall. If this is the case here, then it’s not so much the land slipping down against the wall, it’s more sort of spilling over the top into the gap.

Attachments

• C625AAAE-8550-4994-AD13-C28DEB6C4549.jpeg
    C625AAAE-8550-4994-AD13-C28DEB6C4549.jpeg
    189.2 KB · Views: 80
Sponsored Links
Because if they have a covenant or easement in your favour, that wont necessarily be on your deeds.
I have a right of access over land outside the red outlined boundary of my plot and it is shown on the plan with my deeds .

Have we established yet what it actually says in paulweller84's deeds regarding ownership of this boundary structure :?::!:

Have we established yet what it actually says in paulweller84's deeds regarding ownership of this boundary structure

Im only just realising that what I have is not the correct information on paper. My paperwork shows only the area including neighbouring properties. I have nothing which shows just my property and covenants etc. Not sure where I’d find this?

Sponsored Links
I have a right of access over land outside the red outlined boundary of my plot and it is shown on the plan with my deeds .
Jeez. That's a benefit that comes with your land. You would want to know that else HTF do you get in to the house?

Lets say your neighbour is prevented from hanging his wifes frilly skiddies on the line to save the blushes of his prudish neighbours. Or he can't slaughter a lamb any day except Good Friday. These wont be on your deeds because you are not promising anything. They will be on the neighbour's deeds, as its his covenant not the do those things.

But it's you that will benefit, so if you want to know what he has promised to do or not to do, you look at his deeds, not yours.

Jeez. That's a benefit that comes with your land. You would want to know that else HTF do you get in to the house? - through the front door :!:

Lets say your neighbour is prevented from hanging his wifes frilly skiddies on the line - they must be because I haven't seen any :!: to save the blushes of his prudish neighbours. Or he can't slaughter a lamb any day except Good Friday. These wont be on your deeds because you are not promising anything. They will be on the neighbour's deeds, as its his covenant not the do those things. - these things are usually the same sort of stipulations for all plots on a new housing development :!:

But it's you that will benefit, so if you want to know what he has promised to do or not to do, you look at his deeds, not yours.
- but how does all this concern the OP trying to find out the situation re ownership of the structure on his boundary :?:

'If there are no inverted Ts on the OPs deeds, that does not mean that they won't be on the neighbours deeds.'
Going round in circles but I still maintain -
if there is a T on this particular boundary shown on the neighbour's deeds won't it also be shown on th
e OP's deeds ,I think so.

Last edited:
Ive got everything they held and none of it is property specific. Just vague old drawings showing a red line around my property. Nothing else at all

Have you read the words as well as looking at the plans?

How long ago did you buy the property?

Did you actually buy it, or is it leasehold or something peculiar?

Have you read the words as well as looking at the plans?

How long ago did you buy the property?

Did you actually buy it, or is it leasehold or something peculiar?

We don’t have anything written, only drawings. We bought it in 2008 and it was built in 1977. Regular freehold purchase

You need to get hold of the written deeds.
(If these don’t exist - you might have difficulties if you ever want to sell it, i.e. proving that you own it!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back