Retaining wall drain holes.

Poe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I put in a small raised flower bed and used 22mm waste pipe for weep holes.

Seemed fine for the size of the wall but now realise my mistake.

Snails are the perfect size to block up these holes, they seem to climb in and die and then the rest of the garden snails act like lemmings and do the same.

So going to enlarge the holes and use 32mm pipe but struggling to find a local store with 32mm core drill bits.

Well I found one but it was £40.

Anyone recommend a place to get a cheap 32mm core bit out recommend something else.

The was is concrete blocks laid flat.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
No not when it's just one but when it's all his mates too, plus dirt and other rubbish out seems to be blocking the holes.

Just figured larger holes would be easier to keep clear out rather harder to get blocked.

Cheers.

Its bad enough trying to block holes passing water with concrete or mastic, as stated earlier I cannot see your hole becoming completely blocked and for a small raised bed would question the need for them in the 1st place

Sponsored Links
I've got some 25mm drain holes at the base of my paved front garden. They do block up occasionally (leaves and other debris) forming a small pond. As Dereekoo says, try purposefully trying to seal something and you struggle - but a mixture of dust, rubbish and rotten leaves seems to do a good job!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back