Retaining wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am in the process of building a 2-storey 10m x 5m concrete block shed.
The 10m long back wall will retain 1.2m of solid ground. I am building with 100mm thick concrete blocks (dense) with a 100mm cavity and plan to fill the retaining section with concrete (has reinforcing fabric tied to starter bars set in foundations).
I was planning to fill with a wet general concrete mix (5 to 1 ballast /cement) and poke with a rod to compact, and mix myself in standard electric mixer. Total volume is about 2 cubic metres (some goes in the side walls as well), and I have easy access to the top of the wall for pouring in with a wheelbarrow. Reckon can get it done in a day by 2 people.
Do any experts have any comments to my idea, or reckon my mix will be too weak if its too wet ??
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
What size rebar are you using and at what centres?

Have you considered getting your concrete delivered to ensure the correct strength?

Starter bars are 10mm dia at 500mm centres, sticking out of foundations by about 600mm. Tied to these are sections of 142 reinforcing fabric (6mm dia 200mm mesh size). Was hoping a strong 4 to 1 concrete mix would cover me for slight variation in mix.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back