retro air brick installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick question to those in the trade (yes i know it should probably be put in the trade talk section, but i thought i may get more answers here mods!)

How long would you allow for fitting a standard single brick sized airbrick into an existing masonry cavity wall? (including knocking out the old brick, knocking up a bit of pug and fitting the new one)

Sponsored Links
It should take about 10 minutes to cut out and put one in the external skin, but if you are putting in a liner through the cavity and making good the inside and fitting a grille I would probably allow an hour for everything to be on the safe side.

iirc the industry used allow 1hr to install 1 air vent,but that was including making a hole through to the under side of the timber floor.

Sponsored Links
Just took me 2 days to do 2off.....but they hadn`t been carried across the cavity with liners ..so in effect were ventilating the cavity ,not the floor void :eek: . Good job I like doing building work in my liesure time ( every day after Jeremy Kyle ) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back