Retro fit underfloor heating fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Wanting to fit a 15mm retro fit underfloor heating kit into a room that already has existing wall radiators on 15mm pipes.
Can I fit the underfloor heating kit directly onto the existing radiator pipes?
Was thinking of using this kit which looks like has everything I woukd need-

Sponsored Links
Until someone more qualified gives you a reply... normally these type of kits fit on the the flow and return pipes (often 22mm) of your heating system and not the 15mm tails of your radiators.

It maybe possible to fit to the tails, but may not operate properly. UFH usually runs at a lower temperature than your radiators.

Also you may need zone valves to control 'house' heating and UFH independently unless you want everything on at the same time.

You need to install the mixing manifold and pump between the main central heating pipes and the UFH pipes, as UFH runs at a lower temperature than radiators. You cannot just connect the UFH pipes directly to the radiator.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your advice guys.
Not the answer I wanted to hear as gonna be alot more expensive but I guess it is what it is.
Cheers
Graham

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back