Retro fit wet UFH.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I posted this in the Building thread...

I am arguing with a conservatory supplier (one with a good name generally) because the floor has dropped some 5-7mm where it abutts the house, causing bad tile cracking. Obviously I want it to be their fault, cos there's a 10 year warranty on the workmanship. They say (on a perfunctory viewing) it's settlement so isn't covered. If I have to deal with it, the tiles will all have to rise mucking up the electric ufh, as well as the mess etc.

So, builders, is settlement likely after 2- 2.5 years; or is poor workmanship more likely. Who can prove it one way or the other. Thanks.

If I am left with the problem, what is the possibility of retro fitting wet UFH in the floor? Can it be used with a combi system; and are there thin, low profile systems around which might restrict how much the floor level rises (ideally an inch including tiles)? If yes, is any part of it DIY country?

Thanks for reading.

CG

Sponsored Links
Something like Polypipe Overlay would probably be your best bet if you don't want to dig up the floor.

They do a couple of different types, Overlay and Overlay Lite.

You can tile direct to the Overlay, but if you have to take the tiles up for any reason you will damage the panels, or you can lay a 10mm ply on top and then tile, depends on what height you have to play with.

Or alternatively use engineered wood instead of tiles.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back