Retrovision Downloads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Being an OAP I like to watch the old movies..and..Retrovision TV have enough to keep me going until I shuffle off. It is a legal site and you can download the movies for your i-pod etc..however it doesn't tell what program/softwaee to use..any ideas anyone ?

Sponsored Links
VLC as said will play most..
Well done being an OAP & understanding d/loads..So many oldies, just say I dont understand this stuff.
By the way...Im an oldie :cry:

Being an Oldie has it's advantages....like...common sense...which there seems to be a lack of nowadays...or have they renamed it ..lateral thinking ????..Been 'playing' with computers now for26 years or so and still struggle at times..mmmm.

Sponsored Links
it's not so much watching the old movies..which i can do..i would like to be able to download them for my i-pod.

Retrovision TV is a legal site...everything appears to be in the 'public domain'..re copyright.

:rolleyes: ok but for the most part, downloading films from the internet is illegal.
I wasn't questioning retrovision as it is in the public domain and totally leagle.
I was just warning that there are a lot of sites that are not i.e streaming of download and to be careful.

Also torrent sites will not **** your pc up, unless you actually download a torrent that has a virus (most torrent sites have systems to show trusted uploads).

Why the comment on speeding?

:rolleyes: ok but for the most part, downloading films from the internet is illegal.
I wasn't questioning retrovision as it is in the public domain and totally leagle.
I was just warning that there are a lot of sites that are not i.e streaming of download and to be careful.

Also torrent sites will not **** your pc up, unless you actually download a torrent that has a virus (most torrent sites have systems to show trusted uploads).

Why the comment on speeding?

Speeding is illegal.
As far as torrens Fin your pc, I was trying to make a point'Be careful'
I know what Im doing & I have still managed to d/load things I wish I hadnt.
Why do you keep trying to get the last post, I think the Op has the jist

i don't speed, or get your point, why don't you stick to asking questions about computers? Why are you even arguing, i didn't attack your posts, i just gave well researched knoledge that i have aquired over 10 years of working/owning pc repair shops. There is nothing wrong with having another opinion on a subjet.
And if you knew what you were doing you wouldn't have downloaded those things.

Because we all make mistakes..Some of us learn from them, hence my 'be careful'.
There was no attacking going on.
The end.

oh, and its gist not "jist"

But on a serious note, i didn't accuse you of attacking my posts, i was commenting on you being immediately defensive with no reason to be.

Sponsored Links
Back