Returning Radiators to walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had my house fully replastered and the plasterer had a plumber friend come in and remove all the radiators from the walls.

I am now looking to put them back on the wall as the plaster is dry and the world is getting chilly.

I have a combi boiler central heating system. Given that I am simply rehanging the old radiators back onto the wall is it simply a case of putting them on the brackets and rescrewing the pipes back in at either end.

I assume once I've done this that i would fill the system using the little inlet tap next to the boiler?

Then just cycle through the radiators bleeding them one by one and topping pressure up until the system is full?

That all sounds far too easy so is there a catch or is there some problems i need to look out for?

The radiators have been sat in the garage for about two months.

Do i need to fill the system with any kind of cleaning fluid in case there's a family of bugs taken up residence in one of the rads ready to block my system with gunk?

Sorry if i'm asking stupid basic questions :oops: but I really haven't got a clue about plumbing and I'm somewhat suspicious that I'm missing something obvious.

Sponsored Links
If all that was done was to remove the rads then, yes, all you need do is refit them. Flush each rad thru with a hose to clean out before hanging. Put an inhibitor in before filling system. Bleed system fully and ensure system at correct pressure before firing up boiler.

What you have put is spot on . Before refitting them hose them through in the garden and on filling stick some sentinelx100 inhibitor in.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back