Reuse old rubble

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I've managed to build up pile of rubble in front garden.

Consists of concrete garage slabs, broken roof tiles, stones, bricks, old black mortar, old black plaster, etc.

Now I need to level my garden by raising sections by a foot. Would this do the job?.

Will either concrete finish or new tile finish.

Attachments

• IMG_20200512_203550.jpg
    IMG_20200512_203550.jpg
    580.3 KB · Views: 155
Sponsored Links
If you are going to pour a slab on top, it'll do fine, but you want your slab to be about 75mm thick for pedestrian traffic.
The 'hardcore' will need whacking prior to the slab being poured. You'll need to break up the bigger lumps.

For a new tile finish, you'll need a firm level base, such as a concrete slab, on top of such material. :whistle:
Alternatively, if you are using a sand bed for your tiles, you'll need a different approach. You could make up about 150mm with your waste material (again whacked). But then you'll need to 'do it by the book'.

You may need to remove any gypsum based material and dispose of it sensibly, e.g council tip. It can cause problems if accompanied with biodegradable waste.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back