Reversing fridge door orientation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can anyone offer any advice or tips for reversing fridge doors with electrics in them? I have a Hotpoint FF200T, if that helps. Nothing in the instruction manual...

Many Thanks

Andy

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of your manual.
As there are electrics then there will be some technical work and possibly some rewiring required to reverse them (if they can be reversed).

Thanks for your response, but as I said, there is nothing in the instruction manual. Not really sure why you're referring to page 3 specifically?

The doors can be reversed, but the info that came with the appliance says to call Hotpoint for guidance. I was hoping someone could offer a more practical solution before I endeavor to take instruction over the telephone.

You say there's no info but on page 3 it tells you that you need to contact Hotpoint, that's why I referred you to page 3 of the manual.
The reason you need to contact them is most likely that connectors have to be cut off, wiring moved and new connectors fitted.
It's very unlikely that the Indesit company will tell you how to do it, they'll want to charge you for an engineer visit.

Sponsored Links
It cant be difficult, its designed to be changed, if you are a competent diyer just have a look. Take the work top off & have a look.
Switch off first.

Thank you for your responses. I'm aware that there will be electrical work, which is why I'm after some instruction. I do not want to risk voiding my warranty by pulling apart the door without at least trying to find someone who can offer some instruction from experience.

I probably could pull off the covers and have a go, but my query here was an attempt to avoid having to guess...!

Sleepyhead said:
they'll want to charge you for an engineer visit.

I have a new Hotpoint fridge (also with electrics in the door) and wanted to reverse the door as well. There are no instructions to reverse the door in the manual because it has electrics in it and Hotpoint do not want owners swapping it themselves, thats what they told me. They send out an engineer for free (yes for free) to swap the door for you. Unless you've maybe had it a few years? But then you said its still under warranty! I stood next to the geezer and can report it wouldn't be too hard for a competent DIYer in any case.

Yea thinking about it, you buy a product that can do 'this that & the other' why should you have to pay to have a l/handed as against a r/handed.

That's interesting info, thanks! I guess I'll give them a call and see if I can get an engineer too...

Many thanks all...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back