Revising for CCN1-Open flued appliances

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I'm currently trying to revise for my ccn1 assesment. As I hardly ever come across open flued appliances I'm trying to find some pictures online, to help familiarise myself with components etc. Does anyone know of any helpful sites? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
What do you want to know? You have the appliance, down draft diverter, primary flue, secondary flue. I've just done my re assessment and it was all pretty basic stuff.

Hi all. I'm currently trying to revise for my ccn1 assesment. As I hardly ever come across open flued appliances I'm trying to find some pictures online, to help familiarise myself with components etc. Does anyone know of any helpful sites? Thanks

omfg :eek:

Manufacturers' instructions are your best source.
Look at:
  • Radiant gas fires ( they're open flued - look for the draught divertter though...)
    Floor standing cast iron boilers like Ideal Mexico, Potty Kingfisher, lots of makes all very similar,
    Wall mounted OF boilers. Worcester made combis until relatively recently,
    Back boilers - Baxi Bermudas etc
You'll be expected to know exactly how to do a spillage test.

If anyone is asking why you don't know it already, ask yerself how you do an FGA test on a gas fire, or a back boiler ;)

When i did my practical ,one of the faults was 2 draught diverters on the same boiler,easy to miss if your brains fried from all the written papers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back