Reviving an old Parquet floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old parquet floor in the hall where the adhesive has gone off and the blocks are no longer stuck down and move when you walk on them. Also the cement at the sides is crumbling. I need to tidy it up as I am selling the house and I need to get it done as soon as I can. Can anyone suggest how I can revive the floor enough to sell the house or can someone suggest a company who could do it for me as my time is limited.

Sponsored Links
chrislard said:
as my time is limited.
Proper 'tiding' up will take time I'm afraid, specially when wood blocks were installed with bitumen.
Crumbled concrete must be sorted also otherwise any adhesive will fail.
So, there you are: remove loose blocks, remove bitumen from blocks and concrete, sort concrete, make sure the concrete floor is dry before you install the blocks back and use proper parquet adhesive. Accept that any bitumen residue on blocks or concrete will effect the bonding time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back