REWIRING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into a 3 bedroom house that needs worse case a full rewiring....does anyone know what i should be expecting to pay roughily.

Or can anyone recommend a NICEIC electrcian near the Isleworth/Hounslow area..

Thank you,

Lee

Sponsored Links
It's crystal ball time.

* Will the property be occupied when the work is in progress
* Are any floors sealed down with tiles, laminate etc
* How many final circuits will you need (lights grd, lights 1st, ring grd, ring 1st, ring kitchen, immersion heater, boiler, loft, shed, garage etc)
* Standard white switches and sockets or metal ones

As a totally open cost, in London for a open job (free access and no need to give service for people living in each day) £6k.

That will extend upwards if routes and service reinstatement required each working day.

I'd suggest you map out your house and work out what you feel you need.

Socket volume in each room, type of lights in each room, switches, double switches (upstairs / downstairs hall lights) etc

Add in TV cables, BT points and data cabling for PC's plus alarms if you intend to have one.

The NICEIC are not the only approved body for Part P electricians and the best place to look is http://www.competentperson.co.uk/

BREC-ECA
BRE Certification Limited and the Electrical Contractors' Association
0870 609 6093
BSI
British Standards Institution
01442 278577
ELECSA
Elecsa Limited
0845 634 9043
NAPIT
Napit Registration Ltd.
0870 4441392 or 01623 811483
NICEIC
NICEIC Group Ltd
0870 013 0382

Or can anyone recommend a NICEIC electrcian near the Isleworth/Hounslow area..

Thank you,

Lee

Hi lee

i'm based in twickenham and would be happy to come and have a look and offer you a rough estimate. you can find my details on competentperson.co.uk under wv electrical

not sure if touting for work is permitted on this site so apologies if i've broken any rules here

regards
warren

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back