RFI from LED flood

Sponsored Links
As a licensed radio user I am aware of others that have tried reporting issues, they basically say use another frequency as they have not got the manpower to assist.

If the interference is reported as affecting other Licence Exempt equipment then the OfCom answer is often "the equipment should be resilient to interference on the channel"

If the interference is reported as affecting other equipment whose operator has a licence to operate on a frequency assigned to him ( other than a Licence Exempt frequency ) then the matter will be looked at. Depending on the severity of the interference amd the hazards that might be created by the interference enforcement may happen.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/spectrum/interference-enforcement/spectrum-enforcement

Then there is NATS who are proactive in searching for and dealing with interference causing hazards to Air Traffic Control

https://nats.aero/blog/2015/05/meet-the-nats-pirate-hunters/

This was 8 years ago , ( not many incidents get into the public domain ) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-officials-interfering-aircraft-signals.html

Sponsored Links
If the interference is reported as affecting other equipment whose operator has a licence to operate on a frequency assigned to him ( other than a Licence Exempt frequency ) then the matter will be looked at.
As has been implied, and presumably because of their very limited resources, it seems all-but-impossible to interest them in relation to interference affecting ('non-shared') amateur radio frequency allocations. I suspect the same might well be true of interference with domestic radio reception, given that, as you have indicated, they have much more safety-critical issues to concern themselves with.

Kind Regards, John

i can tell you from my experience they dont have any certificates. they just put a sticjer

they just add a sticker. just ask for a test report. only 1 out of 10 supplier sell quality, certified products in the uk.
the market is not regulated.
they import all kind of crap products just to make good margins

Report it to Ofcom. Deliberate creation of interference is illegal.
I would have thought Trading Standards would be more appropriate - but they don't have the resources either.

Perhaps you can guess....when the fan is switched on, it triggers the light.
So the PIR is rubbish as well - see similar thread currently active.

I would suggest you ask for a refund from the supplier as it's not fit for purpose. That's about the only way to deal with the problem in general - make it cost them in returned product if they sell rubbish. Pity not many will do that though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back