Rhubarb (but no custard !!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any green fingers using this page ? Then I could do with some advice.
Growing rhubarb plant in an urn, more as decoration then the edible stalks, it was going well two days ago, today when I went outside half the leaves were blotched red/yellow with brown edges (new and old leaves) and the stems were "soft". Any ideas ?
TIA.

Sponsored Links
Cheers Breezer,
How do I correct this ? We're going for the "lost world/jungle" look and the rhubarb goes well next to the Gunnera.

The Sun is up, the sky is blue, so I'm gonna whip it out the urn (can't do anymore damage to it) and stick it in the ground. Just looked in urn and it looks waterlogged.

Sponsored Links
perhaps then you have over watered it, or perhaps it has become pot bound

Discovered when I removed from urn that not waterlogged (although only 3-3/8" holes in base) but no soil for the last 4-5", just total rootball! If it re-shoots now in the ground, I'll learn to like rhubarb!!

My first suggestions cure was to water it, so i am told rhubarb crumble is nice (custard is optional), but dont eat the leaves

i hate the stuff, but my mother always put a lot of sugar with it when cooking.

Oh I should also point out that if late one night you should hear a "rumbling noise" from wher you have your plants, do not worry as it is commonly known as Rhubarb rumble

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back