Ricochet Learn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can this only be done via keypad on Texecom 48 w or can this be also achieved via wintex?

Sponsored Links
Learn each device of keypad
You can put them on table next to keypad and learn each device,once learnt then you can mounted the device in correct position and then do a signal strength check.

Thanks used keypad. Is it correct that the pirs (Texecom Premier Compact PW-W) do not flash. seem to recall last system I had flashed with movement

Sponsored Links
So having spent a few hours going through the manual, I am looking at how i can name the zones, so zone 10 will be say "lounge" etc but I can't see it mentioned anywhere. Is this the kind of thing hooking up my laptop to the comm port and using Wintex really is needed? (ordered the cable). I'm normally quite good at working things like this out, but the manual after several reads seems less than clear. Off for a few more reads! Even CTRL F in pdf finds nothing. If anyone can point me to the section in manual it would be appreciated

You can name the zones by the keypad .....but after installing the premier for over 10 years + I allways use wintex and a USB/ com port lead for programming !

You can name the zones by the keypad .....but after installing the premier for over 10 years + I allways use wintex and a USB/ com port lead for programming !
I Will wait for my coms lead then, hopefully make life easier

make sure when you do have a lead you receive the panel data, if you have learned the devices onto the panel and save

make sure when you do have a lead you receive the panel data, if you have learned the devices onto the panel and save
Click the receive and save to disk? Is that something to also do after any programming?

Attachments

• wintex.jpg
    wintex.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 82
if you learn the devices to the panel and send from wintex you can wipe out the devices and would have to relearn.

so send the text before your learn and once learned receive, or learn, receive the text program up and send.

just don't lose the data its not so bad if theres a few devices, but if theres lots of devices and you have them in place learning them on and redoing the mesh takes up time.

Ok I see now, reading up on it, you are basically receiving what is stored on controller, working on it local within wintex then sending the info you have worked with back to the controller. So receiving the data first as you say needs to be done otherwise you will not be working with the controllers settings. Do what is needed locally on pc (wintex) then send it all back to alarm once complete. Bit of a joke you need yet another cable (board) to flash the firmware

Last edited:
its not a joke requiring things t flash a product up, to flash the old premier 24 needed a different flasher, and som other texecom kit required another flaher so gets expensive.

if you have done anything on the "controller" you need to receive it to wintex and save it.
if you haven't worked on the "controller" theres nothing to receive.

I have know engineers learn devices on, then send the data out from wintex and wiped the devices out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back