Texecom Ricochet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have Texecom Premier 48 Panel with Radio Plus Intelligent Receiver connected for a shed PIR and also remote fobs. I'm looking to upgrade this to the Ricochet system. Can anyone advise of the parts I would need i.e. is there a Ricochet receiver available or do I need the full Ricochet Expansion Pack (IXP-W)?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
How old is your texecom prem 48 ?
Needs to have software version 8.12 or above to connect richochet expander
Two expanders are available 8xp-W or 32xp-W
Then you can connect your richochet radio devices to your system.
You can not use your radio plus with the richochet reciever

It's about 8 years old. I've got the Wintex software although it seems to be having issues today in that it make the connection but whenever I try to receive any information from the panel it says the panel is not ready and to wait an try again so not sure what's up there. Anyway having gone into the Edit account section and I'm assuming the information on the panel within there is what has been downloaded? If so then it says that it is version 8.00. Does that mean I'll not be able to use the ricochet expander? Cheers

Screenshot_20170715-173747.png
MT2 not supported on old prem panels.
My need to upgrade control panel to allow ricochet

Sponsored Links
So anything above v8.15 is supported? I've just checked with menu 4 and it says I have v8.16. I'm assuming that all I will need then is the 8xp-W?

A couple of reasons, one is that I've just built a new shed in the garden and wanted to extend the system to that and the other is that my Radio Plus remote is in a bad way and could do with replacing but you can't get the Radio Plus equipment anymore.

So if I get a 8xp-W the ricochet PIR's and remotes will work ok with my current premier 48 panel?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back