Ricochet walk testing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, after a bit of advice, over the last month I've installed a Texecom premier elite 24 (after taking lots of info from this forum!).
I though I had everything set up but I did the walk test on Saturday and I couldn't get any of the LEDs on the PIRs to activate or the panel to chime (all of the zones did register on the panel though). I did a bit of investigation and noticed that in the zone options I still have the wiring options. according to the manual the wiring options should be replaced by ricochet device options once learnt?

I did some part arm tests and couldn't get the alarm to activate when I wandered into the rooms

if I monitor the system on the ricochet software each PIR does register some movement initially but won't register any future movement in that zone

Any advice would be gratefully received, I don't think I can handle reading the manual again:)

Here's a few screen shots of the set up

Expander%201.jpg

Global%202.jpg

Outputs%201.jpg

Global%201.jpg

Zones%201.jpg

Keypad%201.jpg

Sponsored Links
Radio devices go to sleep otherwise the batteries would be flat within a week ! what have you got your devices set as ? Eg normally awake ... For door contacts , shock sensors , hybrid , should be awake on setting , or standard .... They go to sleep .... Is everything wireless ? Not a good idea if you have a pir in the hallway , it would be better with a door contact ...

Hi, thanks for te response,everything is wireless, 5 quad PIRs and 3 standard XT type. The PIR setting is the confusion, according to the manual a zone with a ricochet item on it will have the zone wiring options replaced by the Ricochet options. I still have the wiring options.

Untitled.jpg

Sponsored Links
Program from the keypad?! that involves getting of the sofa! ;) thanks for your help. I've just gone to the keypad and changed them to hybrid. in doing so managed to set the alarm off so I think I'll leave it till the morning now.

That's just how I roll! :) when the alarm went off i couldn't stop it with the user code or the engineers code. I'm not sure what set it off, I assume its because I was changing the settings in zone 24, the zone the bell is on. I'm concerned I'm (and more importantly the neighbours)are going to be woken through the night. how do I silence the alarm in that situation without having to get the ladder out ?

you can use the keypad on wintex if you didn't want move and have a beer, as that keypad will display the same information as your normal keypad. As for the wireless bell what were you changing on it to activate it?

I was scrolling through the zones changing from auto to hybrid. When I got to the bell (zone 24) I changed it to hybrid then back to auto as I wasn't sure if the hybrid setting was suitable for the bell. As soon as I pressed the tick button the bell started. I tried the user code then the engineers code but it didn't stop. It rang for the 3 mins that it's set to then stopped. it didn't go off again through the night.

what's the best setting for the bell? is it best left in auto?

Thanks for the tip about the keypad in wintex, I'm sure that will come in very handy!!

bell is custom and has to be to function correctly, best to learn the devices on and use the default ricochet mode assigned.

Thanks for that. when I checked ricochet monitor last night I had the following on the bell, do you know what that the red squares on the bell, strobe and extended tones means? there's nothing in the ricochet manual about the bell

Thanks again

Screenshot%209_1.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back