Ridge leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, so after the winds yesterday I noticed water in the front bedroom . Only when it was raining and windy very badly (driving rain). I got p on my ladders to have a look today and noticed the mortor on the hip ridge has blown.

Ignore the lead on left of ridge the mortor has gone on right of ridge. technically on next door.

What is the best way to fix this. Just sbr the ridge and put some mortor right in or remove the ridge and re bed again and point.

Is option one still ok ?

Would a dry ridge be alot better ?

Attachments

• Morston Ridge.jpg
    Morston Ridge.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 288
  • Ridge 2.jpg
    Ridge 2.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 243
  • ridge 3.jpg
    ridge 3.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 252
Sponsored Links
diycooper, good evening again.

For the time being option 1 would appear to be best way forward, what with winter coming on and all that that can bring, you should have been up here a few days ago 70 / 90 MPH. trees down all over the place, roads closed Etc. Etc.

I take that images ridge 1 + 2 are close ups of the missing pointing?

Long term option is the dry ridge route, if the option 1 fix does not hold over the coming winter?

What does your neighbour propose? it is after all a joint repair?

Any internal damage to your property?

Ken

diycooper, good evening again.

For the time being option 1 would appear to be best way forward, what with winter coming on and all that that can bring, you should have been up here a few days ago 70 / 90 MPH. trees down all over the place, roads closed Etc. Etc.

I take that images ridge 1 + 2 are close ups of the missing pointing?

Long term option is the dry ridge route, if the option 1 fix does not hold over the coming winter?

What does your neighbour propose? it is after all a joint repair?

Any internal damage to your property?

Ken

Yes ceiling cracked in bedroom water again on wall.

Yes they are close ups.

I rang him and told him he is a landlord . Bit useless really true to get out of everything. For the sake of 20 mins I'll prob just do it .

If you look on photo one as well. You can see the ridge is No directly on the divide of home. It is more on mine (left). So his joint is always going to leak into mine.

Sponsored Links
How much is a fair price in north west to remove and re bed a top ridge maybe 6 meters .

Full access . no scaffold

Not in this picture this is for another property ?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back