Ridge tile clips

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning chaps,

this is probably a really daft question but here goes anyway,

I screwed down my concrete ridge tiles on my 1960's bungalow last weekend using a roll out twist fix kit. All pretty straight forward the only fiddly bit was getting the steel brackets to slide under the top batten rail.

Now my question is how tight should the screws be? I nipped the up screws until the underside of the tiles were clamped against the newly fitted wooden batten on the apex and the lower edges of the ridge tiles were snug against the top row of the roof tiles with the aluminium roll out stuff acting as a cushion so that the ridge tiles were snug with no movement.

I am slightly paranoid about the ridge tiles cracking as they look quite fragile, you fellas would have fitted tons of these systems so how tight do you do the screws and have you broken any tiles.

I intend to shin up un the roof tomorrow and check them as they have now been up for a week.

there was a rather un nerving bang one night but I am hoping that was just the roof settling down after its surgery.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
The ones I have used come with a 4" stainless steel screw and a rubber washer, so the rubber washer acts as a buffer against seasonal change so not too tight.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back