Ridge tile repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, had a few ridge tiles blow off on our house and so I dont overpay, what sort of cost should i be looking at to remove, reseat with new cement and replace missing ridge tiles on the run pictured? Local roofer who gets good reviews has just quoted around £800 plus about £250 for scaffolding.
20200209_091706.jpg

Sponsored Links
I am a new member and trying to post a new thread about my ridge tile broken but I can't find the post button.. Any idea why I can't post. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Near the top of this page, click on "Roofing and Guttering," that should take you to the start of the section. Then look for an orange box "start new thread" and click it.

To see a list of all sections, click on "forums."

Read the first one at the top for an example

To attract the attention of a member, type the at sign @

Followed by their username

Thus:

@Joanne Ledger

When you see a helpful post, hover your cursor near the bottom right of it and click "thanks."

OP,
a brief scaffold swept around the outside corner would be safe - however, that whole line of hip tiles must be lifted and re-bedded or replaced.
lifting and re-bedding might also involve changing out a number of the plain tiles.

the actual ridge line tiles on both sides of the chimney stack need examining to check how securely they are bedded-in.
in fact, it would be in your interest to have the other hip capping tiles examined as well.

and to go a little further - the flaunching on the chimney stack looks to be perished and also needs checking - go in your loft and look for water staining esp around the loft chimney breast.

and further, the left hand fascia board is rotting at the mitre corner.

and for a last further, even allowing for the projection of the bottom hip tile the corner gutter arrangement seems strange - is the gutter leaking at those fittings?

roof ladders must be used by the roofers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back