Ridge tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for advice about repairing ridge tiles. I live in a terraced house with a tile roof built in the 1950's. I don't know when or if any work as been done in the roof since then. I have had mortar rolling down the roof from the ridge tiles & I can see gaps, loose looking mortar & some lifting of at least 2or 3 of the ridge tiles. Have had some roofers out & they are saying different things so am more confused. Have had one recommend a dry ridge system as it would last longer than a mortar repair & be less damaging, another said getting the ridge tiles off would be a problem so might just need to patch where necessary, another said would definitely need scaffold when no one else said it was needed.

Any advice or insight would be welcome to try to clear some of this up & help me make a decision. Thankyou.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back