Riello burner 240v at cont box nothing happening

well kind of making progress!
fitted new box . just purges constantly no spark or flame . pulled photo cell . fires then cuts out . so looks like maybe the old control box took out the photo cell maybe ? . anyway went and collected a photocell from local shop looks the same but fires then cuts out , so i guess looks like may be its thexwrong photo cell . part no on my old pc is 2565684
new one is 20131285 . any ideas?
mycold part number isn't recognised on a google search. thanks for looking guys

Sponsored Links
What boiler have you got and was it serviced recently, ie baffles and tubular turbulators (or whatever they are called) cleaned out??.

thanks all .
school boy error. new pc is digital. my old one is analogue! new one coming tomorrow. watch this space. going to have to be a cold shower today .3 days is enough !!

Sponsored Links
there are 2 photo cells the old one is anologue. it goes with rdb cont box with red reset button (mine) the later box uses a digital pc . looks identical but doesnt work with older box. the new box has a clear reset button .

I replaced cont box then it went to purge mode. so cont box was def faulty.(my old one did nothing) i then disconnected my original pc and it fired then locked out indicating bad pc. went and got a,new one but bought digital one by mistake. have analogue one coming tomorrow from amazon so that should sort it. my old one tested as bad on a multimeter check as well .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back