riello G5X

M

martineire

Im just after servicing a firdbird super Q boiler the burner is a riello G5X and ive noticed the white wire from the motor to wiring base of the control box that all the plastic coating has falling away from the actually wire so the wire is exposed. although the wire does not seem to be burnt is this pontionally dangerous even though it is not exposed to anyone. Thanks

Sponsored Links
You have Serviced the Boiler, but are happy to leave a Damaged Electrical Cable?

You should have shown the Client and invited them to let you fit a new motor to the burner, would have taken 20mins and added another £80 to your turn-over, and the customer would have praised you for doing a thorough job.
As it is you have left a potential fault which if it shorts out will cause a breakdown, and you could end up repalcing the motor withoput getting paid and an irritated customer good job white wire only carries 50Vac, but will still cause trouble though, good job you dont' work for me or i'd have to give you a B********G!! :rolleyes:

Or even just protected the wire with some sleeving!

The white wire supplies the control box with 50v otherwise it don't work!

Either insulate it or change the motor as suggested above.

Sponsored Links
Yea i agree i think i best go back and advise the customer to let me change the motor, if they dont want to change it :( insulation tape over it will sufice will it.

Can't you use sleeving?
Insulation tape inside a hot boiler will just fall off
(I am an electrician)

I presume suitable sleeving can be got in any electrical suppliers that will suit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back