Firebird Enviromax with Riello RDB2.2 Firebird 12/18 burner not working.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, My boiler locked out so I reset it and straight to lock out again... Motor does not run.
I have changed the motor and capacitor for new and still the same. I can run the motor by wiring directly so its fine.
I was heading towards burner control box and checked the part number on the Riello parts list - bought one but before I fitted it found a sticker on the burner states only fit MO 535-MPF and not the one listed (3008652 a 535RSE/LD) so I stopped. I can exchange the control box to a MO 535-M1PF but cant find any details to see if its the same.
Anyone know or can help?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
follow the diagnostics first before just replacing parts

Attachments

• RDB 535 SE Fault Finding Chart.pdf
    138.8 KB · Views: 53
you can fit the older control box but would have to also change the photocell

first check that you have power to the control box, as it could be limit stat popped out in which case you can reset it. if its the flue stat activated often these have to be replaced, but all of these can be checked with a multimeter. just follow the steps.

first make sure that there is a demand power to the control box. if there is then follow the fault finding.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for such a swift reply.
I did follow the fault finding charts, found the capacitor leaking and the motor stiff with the oil pump removed.
That's why I changed them.
The original control is MO 535-MPF would the MO 535-M1PF be a direct replacement?
Looking at the circuit I cant see anything else other than the control box that would stop the motor at least starting for a second or more.
Control box has power (measured with meter) - permanent live.
Demand has power until lock out.

disconnect the photcell and try boiler. if it attempts to do anything its the photocell.

if you use the other control box you will need a different photocell

Photocell makes no difference, straight to lock out.

Once you have had 5 lockouts you have to disconnect power to reset. You also have to press the button for 2 seconds to restart.
sounds like control box, but could also be electrode lead shorted to casing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back