Firebird Combi C35 Environmax Lock Out HELP!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an oil fired Firebird that is c5years old. I have had the Riello Digital Control Box M0535-MPF replaced and solenoid but it keeps Locking Out, flashing Red & Green after reset. My plumber has checked and on the new control box has no power on the Fuel Pump output or solenoid output at any stage e.g. it gets the demand when HW is switched on but either the pump or solenoid are not powered from the control box.

Tried everything, it just does not go beyond the red & green flashing light.

Can anyone please, please shed any light on what it could be?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Take a pressure reading when the burner spins up if It's 2 bar pumps ok if below that pumps goosed
and needs replacing,also check solenoid and photo cell

Hi oilboffin,

Thanks, the burner does not even spin as it has no power coming from the control panel. We replaced the solenoid and checked the photo cell. It seems that something is happening prior to sending instruction to power up pump, solenoid etc.

Sponsored Links
Have installed loads of these over the past few years. The m535 digital box was first brought out in around 2010 and the most common failure has been the photocell.

Thanks all the advice, would the photocell failing, stop the power going to the pump/solenoid and locking out?

Ok try this if it is the Digital Control Box 20035388
You won’t find it in any Riello fault finding guide

Turn off electrical mains supply at fused spur and wait for 30 minutes

Turn mains back on and press reset button on Control Box

This is a “hard reset” of the Control Box

72A7C61E-F742-4845-ADE6-9A0E1AA2DB3D.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back