Riello R40-G10 setup

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Riello 8GB burner in my 30 year old SARB Kerina 1/6 boiler (208,000 btu/hr) has just died for the last time - motor bearings screaming and the fan seized on its shaft (Riello say the impeller is no longer available). The bearing failed due to a weep from the pump, so I figured I'd had value out of it and invested in a new R40-G10. This fitted the boiler (which is still in good nick) like a dream and I'm using the same size nozzle 1.35/60S.

The new burner is loafing along near the bottom end of its capacity and the burner setup table is not too explicit for operation on 28sec oil at this low delivery rate. The flame looks fine, the FGA says the efficiency is 79.6%, flue temp 254C, excess air 81% and CO 155ppm. I've left the pump at its default setting of 8 bar. CO intuitively sounds high, but I'm not familiar with what should be expected here. I wonder if anyone could guide me as to what might be ideal readings in this situation and how to optimise the nozzle position in the blast tube and the air intake, which seem to interact somewhat? The flue is vertical for about 45 ft in a 6" liner, inside an old chimney.

Any advice gratefully received!

Sponsored Links
What smoke no and co2 do you have?

It is often necessary for some on site experiments when retro fitting a burner!!

Sponsored Links
tilgate";p="828239 said:
Terrywookfit";p="828206 said:
What smoke no and co2 do you have?

Readings this evening were
O2 9.2%
CO 166ppm
CO2 8.6%
Outlet temp 241
Efficiency 80.2%
Excess Air 79%
Smoke trace but <1

thanks - Peter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back