Right angled cordless screwdriver?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI, at work we have an aged right angle cordless impact driver, it has a 1/4" hex fitting (not a chuck) and its on it's last legs and we would like to replace it.

We had a bosch on a few years ago, but it was too powerful and vanished one night (probably left inside an appliance or borrowed for a job by a driver).

Can you reccomend a good replacement? I cannot see much on the market now that still uses a 1/4" hex bit, they all seem to have chucks on and we don't want a chuck.

Mainly for using to do up screws in metalwork.

Sponsored Links
I have a Makita TL064DZ which I use almost daily for running tek screws into sheet metal. Wouldn't be without it. They make a 18v too but I wanted as compact as possible.

I have a couple of side chuck/angle drills, some mains, some battery but for screws really you want an angle impact as the right angle drills don't have any clutch so will either strip out or take your wrist with it.

I have an 18 volt Makita DTL061 which is only rated at 60Nm, but does have 1/4in hx drive and very slim head. Useful on the odd awkward job

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back