Right forearm is killing me........

And when i wake in the morning i need to use my best arm to straighten the other. :confused:

I find carrying out intricate tasks more painful than heavier work..

Steve the plastic trowel is a godsend! cheers mate.

And steve after reading all your ailments :cry: ..i'm in good fettle :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
I get the feeling, Joe, that if I said I'm a bipolar transsexual retired astronaut wearing prosthetic legs and fostering a child which has a head that looks like a melon you'd somehow say you can relate to it and make a post...

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The tennis elbow thing does get better. Mine's on the mend (I hope). It's amazing how the strength just leaves your arm, you can barely lift your empty hand without getting that gnawing feeling in your bones.
did u plump for the injection joe?

No injection for me! I read its just a short time remedy.

You can get keyhole surgery which removes the damaged tendons but only in the most severe cases.

not arms,
but defo my knees are fooked.ive had 6 ops on them over the years 1st 1 at 18 and im 45 now have been told they will not do any more until im nearing retirement age as i will need 2 new knees coz IM TOO YOUNG :LOL: :LOL:
so keep popping 500mg of co co-codomol and 600mg of ibuprofen and then my back plays up aswell now,the muscles on the side mainly right hand side,last time i went to the docs over it he advised me to carryon playing golf as it would help,(missus didnt believe me):LOL: .
i said id love too but my knees are fooked, :cry:

Sponsored Links
I'm really sorry to hear that Gregs. As I know well, you don't know what you've got, or had, until you lose it.

Youth is wasted on the young, as they say...

coz IM TOO YOUNG : .
how old gregers? im 53 had a half knee done a year ago when that wears out I have to have a whole one , apparently u can have 1 half one and 2 full ones or just 2 full ones and no more after that as they have to use the same screw holes and the screw holes wont take

Steve the plastic trowel is a godsend! cheers mate.
al im using the refina plazi now as you can use it more or less all the way at every stage "ie" laying on and flatting in because its stiffer I don't think it leaves a good final finish as the trowel we use but being able to use it virtually at every stage means no more pressure, I have done some curve work this week and shot some vids if I can get them on ill show u

I get the feeling, Joe, that if I said I'm a bipolar transsexual retired astronaut wearing prosthetic legs and fostering a child which has a head that looks like a melon you'd somehow say you can relate to it and make a post...

That's exactly how I imagined you. How did you know that? :confused:

That's exactly how I imagined you. How did you know that? :confused:
I am not the one with over 26 thousand posts on everything ranging from the length of a dragon fly’s proboscis to building a skyscraper from used chewing gum.

Oh hang on, did I just inadvertently give you the title for your next thread starter...

coz IM TOO YOUNG : .
how old gregers? im 53 had a half knee done a year ago when that wears out I have to have a whole one , apparently u can have 1 half one and 2 full ones or just 2 full ones and no more after that as they have to use the same screw holes and the screw holes wont take

45 in september m8.tis the cartilage on the thigh bones thats wearing out,osteo arthritis i do believe,and even though after finally having a mri scan done at the end of last year which picked up bad inflammation within the knees as well,it was worse on the thigh bones hence the so called expert then tells me 'im too young' so go back to your doc and keep popping the pills.

i once had a cortiszone injection in my 'AR5E CHEEK' always thought it was a strange place to have it when the pain is in my knees, :rolleyes:

Lol Tone, my school reports used to say if i devoted as much time to my studies as i did badminton my grades would greatly improve :mrgreen:
Football i was never much good at!!! the badminton court was where i spent all my spare time. I played at county level till i left school then joined local badminton clubs. i havent played for a few years now but reckon i could still hack it :cool:

Anyway...Heres my latest bike.

We do rideouts yearly to North yorkshire, the lakes and the north of Scotland.
I need to get a chopper next as i can hardly get off the bike after a few hours in the saddle.

Take care fellow biker...

YZF 1000

View media item 63190
And 1200 bandit View media item 63191
Nice ones :D I test rode things like the Busa and BMWs 200 bhp monster but they just weren't comfy.

The racer style seem based around someone 5 foot nothing tall. I couldn't wait to get of the Beemer and had a neck ache for about two weeks after from having to crick my neck up to see ahead. Also, when you ride any distance the weight on your wrists dont arf give you a lot of grief!

So I plumped for a VSTROM which I've done 60,000 comfy miles on without it letting me down. It's quick off the mark too, beating many a wannabe boy racer from the lights. :D Have tweaked, dynoed and lightened it though :rolleyes:

Take care yerself fellow biker.. :cool: (I have seen many over the years in my job, if they still have a pulse after the paramedics have scrapped them off the road :cry: )

I think wear and tear and drink are the dirty little secrets of the building trades.

Like many, I come from generations of tradesmen and, typically, a combination of arthritis, accidents and alcoholism got most of them.

Better conditions and education have helped tremendously, but the sheer hard graft of for example: roofing, spreading and all kneework trades still takes its toll.

I've seen large sites where the average age seemed to be below 35.
And known even sparkies and gas men who packed it in before the age of 40 - no more lofts or belowfloors.

Back in the day it seemed a legal requirement that site workers must wear a stick-on flat cap, always have a fag in their mouth and a dimp behind the ear.

At dinnertime (60 mins ) there were men who drank 6 pints.

It's can still be wonderfully satisfying work, and i'd help anyone coming into it. Would i do it again? In an instant, even with the aches and pains, i'd love to be starting right now

At dinnertime (60 mins ) there were men who drank 6 pints.
I don't have dinner dan I eat my sandwiches and drink my tea while im troweling up I want do get in and out of site as quick as poss my thinking is get there as early as you can and leave as early as you can , im not sure I would be able to work after a few shants, they have stopped all that now though on some sites you may get an alcohol test

Actually, i was talking about the drink business some years ago. But yeah, how they even managed to get back to the site, never mind to work, was miracle.

I knew a carrier with a 2&1, who was lean as a whippet and could fly up and down the scaff all the long day, but his routine was 12 pints at dinnertime, 4 on the way home and God knows how many later.
His family lived in fear and poverty while he was earning top money - for himself.

I've heard about them testing for alcohol and drugs, and in a safety sense its a good thing, but if the big companies can test for this what will they demand to know next? Just a thought.

My method has been if they smell of drink, or go to the pub, then they go home.
No crop either, if i see it, then they go home too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back