Rigid ducting

Sponsored Links
I suspect it's to improve rigidity (resistance to crushing) by having the ribs, but without the weight of having it all that thick. Something with the same amount of material but uniform wall thickness would be less rigid (resistance to crushing) and would also be stiffer in bending.

Err, blue for fresh water, grey or brown for, errm, not fresh water. And I though electrics used red ?
Purple for telecoms/data, though I think BT still use grey.

Actually I don't think there is a hard and fast set of rules for ducting colours, and it probably varies by region.

Sponsored Links
It's ribbed so it bends easily, the colours are so you know what should be in there. Black is lower voltage red carries higher. The colour coding is the same in other areas, or there wouldn't be much point having it. Contractors often work in other places.

So if it's ribbed, does that mean it's not rigid ducting?

You can get it coils, or the shorter more rigid lengths which still have some flexibility, although you can still get bends for them.

Err, blue for fresh water, grey or brown for, errm, not fresh water. And I though electrics used red ?
Purple for telecoms/data, though I think BT still use grey.

Actually I don't think there is a hard and fast set of rules for ducting colours, and it probably varies by region.

yes there are hard and fast rules for underground ducting
they are
black electricity
orange street lighting
purple motorway communications
grey telecommunications
yellow gas
blue water
green cable TV

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back