Ring final area or length

Departures from the Regulations are permitted where they do not afford a lesser degree of safety than compliance with the Regulations.
Except for the case of a 433.1.5 (as now is) compliant circuit, any other ring contravenes the regulations for parallel conductors.

Sponsored Links
Departures from the Regulations are permitted where they do not afford a lesser degree of safety than compliance with the Regulations.
Except for the case of a 433.1.5 (as now is) compliant circuit, any other ring contravenes the regulations for parallel conductors.

Wasn't really the point that I was making. If it can be argued that an equivalent degree of safety is afforded as would be the case were the Regulations to be complied with in all respects, then the Regulations permit a Departure to be recorded.

Of course the question would be whether an equivalent degree of safety is afforded or not. I can't see that a 20A ring final circuit is more dangerous than a 32A ring final circuit, although I fully acknowledge that it is not a standard circuit.

Personally I feel the best approach would be to install a compliant ring final circuit (or radial final circuit of course).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back