RIP Nelson Mandela

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Free at last!
RIP Nelson Mandala
I remember the day he was released from prison as a great day.

Sponsored Links
RIP to one of the greatest statesmen this world has ever seen.

A great man indeed, I think he should have been president of the UN...

I'm sure his legacy will live on...

Sponsored Links
A great man indeed, I think he should have been president of the UN...

I'm sure his legacy will live on...

Indeed, the men, women and children of Africa will no doubt be bombed, maimed and killed for a long time to come yet.....hooray for Nelson.

Perhaps they'll cremate him with a tyre round his neck....Just for old times sake.

I sometimes wonder why I don't visit here as often as I used to.

The answer is because a lot of you bigoted racists think you are as pure as the driven snow.

Never mind, in less than 3 weeks you will all be able to polish your halo's and receive the plaudits of your followers on your leaders birthday.

I sometimes wonder why I don't visit here as often as I used to.

The answer is because a lot of you bigoted racists think you are as pure as the driven snow.

Never mind, in less than 3 weeks you will all be able to polish your halo's and receive the plaudits of your followers on your leaders birthday.

yes we will conny, long live our leader!!
he fed the many from a few loafs and some fish!
we drunk his water and became intoxicated!
the many followers's became healed!
oops our prophets say he done good, like many other religions in this world we have our beliefs,
we ALL don't believe in killing folk, we ALL don't beleive that apartheid was welcome, we also ALL don't believe that nelson was a hero.
he for me will rest in peace as a man a leader and a ruler who fought and helped for what he believed in but i can think of many other heroes who do not receive this priveladge.

Corgigrouch said:
Perhaps they'll cremate him with a tyre round his neck....Just for old times sake.

I thought that was Winnie Mandela's favourite game. Did she never read the Federal Safety Code: "Nothing should ever be put around anybody's neck, even if they ask for it." :oops: :oops: :oops: So Sorry Winnie; the oft-heard excuse: "They were asking for it" simply won't wash. :( :( :(

But enough of that. In Another thread, mitch66 wrote, "White terrorists are murdering b*****d whilst black ones are lovely freedom fighters." Funny how that works isn't it. :confused: :confused: :confused: So one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. Maybe that's true but there are reliable ways to tell the difference. For a start, genuine freedom fighters do not systematically slaughter the people they claim to be fighting for. :eek: :eek: :eek: Most of the ANC's victims were native black Africans who dared to seek a tiny bit of political influence.

But then you can't allow that can you? The last thing the ANC wanted was a well-ordered political solution - like democracy for example. They were only interested in absolute power for themselves. It's also highly likely that a lot of them didn't want any kind of solution at all. They were having far too much fun to let law and order get in the way. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'm not entirely sure where Nelson Mandela fitted into all of this. I'm quite prepared to believe that he started out as a terrorist, just like Gerry Adams and Martin McGuiness - and, for that matter, Menachem Begin. History is easily rewritten. What I do remember is that he could have got himself out of jail by the simple expedient of renouncing violence - and yet he never did. :?: :?: :?:

Well of course he didn't! How could he? He would have been killed by his own supporters as soon as he stepped outside of the prion gates - and Winnie would probably have been first in the queue.

RIP indeed but getting to 95 and having a presumably peaceful death surrounded by his family was a good way to go. He did renounce violence when he was freed - which was remarkable. Unfortunately the S Africa he left behind is still riddled with poverty, racism and crime. Plus I don't think we will have to wait long for the infighting to start amongst his family.

Sponsored Links
Back