Risco agility3 or Wisdom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

A lot of alarm companies seem to install these two systems as wireless alarms of choice.

Not sure if they any better then say Texecom or Honeywell. I know they harder to get a hold off for self install and probably harder to setup.

Anyone provide any experience of either system

Sponsored Links
Everything can be difficult the first time around.

Have to think about what support you have available if you are installing yourself just in case. Installation manuals are not always easy to follow.

Have you decided if you are going wireless. hybrid yet?

I really like the option of Hybrid over fully wireless

And i really like the sound of the Risco Lightsys2 system but hard to get any prices online at least

But then in other hand i'm thinking can i be bothered to wire the bell box

The risco systems seem interesting as they use Broadband as well as PSTN and GSM and i think the broadband one is the standard.

Which i know could be issue if BB down but i could live with that. Which is why i was enquiring about the risco

Otherwise i think texecom ricochet Premier 48-W it may have to be.

Given the number of zones, you could do the 12W which has:-

4 hardwired zones on the panel, and you can have 2 hard wired zones on each keypad and a maximum of 2 keypads and 8 wireless zones.

total 16 zones, so why its called the 12 is beyond me.

You can still add ip and gsm if you wish and the system would have 2 areas may be a lot cheaper option for you the 48W obviously gives you a few more zones and areas to go at, but do you need them?

Sponsored Links
The reason for the 48 w was the smartkey app only works on that and above does not function on the 24 even

Suppose should check costing difference then way up is it even worth it

Would 12w allow wiring a external siren if thats what i chose to do

Also is it ever worth having a siren at both back and front off house?

The app works on all the elite range (fitted with com ip)

Setup an elite 24 with app on iphone the other week worked fine.

Doesnt work on pre elite 24 panel. May be thats what you are thinking of.

I think its good to have one at the back and front but its like Europlex says to be honest.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back