Rising damp or condensation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

below are picture of my kitchen wall. My kitchen sticks out at the back of the house. I am not sure whether I am getting rising damp or condensation. Whatever it is, how do I stop it?

A couple of pictures show the blotches above skirting board, and it also exists in the corners of the kitchen, eye level and above.

Is this damp? or condensation?

Please advise! First two pictures - above skirting. third picture - wall corner.

Sponsored Links
external wall i take it? have you checked:
1)rainwater goods leaking/damaged?
2) damp proof
3) brickwork/pointing failed

is that wall got lining paper on as (unless its my eyes) its starting to come away? maybe pull it off and investigate behind.

with rising damp you 'usually' see tide marks at low level.

Hi,

yes this is an exterior wall.

I have noticed that the pointing directly on the outside of this wall, particularly the lowest brick(s), is very poor. Perhaps water is penetrating through this and getting into the wall?

You have also mentioned damp proof. How would I know if my house has had a damp proof course? are there any tell tale signs that i should look out for?

Thanks

How old is the house? Do you have a photo of the entire outside wall?

Sponsored Links
condensation, do you have extractor fan? Essential in a kitchen, also permanantly open vent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back