rising main

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not overly concerned but is it a good thing for a plastic rising main to be very close (within a mm)to a central heating pipe. Just had my lead replaced with blue plastic.

Sponsored Links
no if your not to bothered about about having warm water for drinking purposes in the winter time :!:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies...got it done free courtesy Age Concern, don't really want to complain. Will try to lag or put a piece of slate in between.Was thinking of boxing it in, so best not re drinking quality. The plumber was Corgi and I guess vetted by A.C.
Asked the local authority originally if they replaced lead as a health issue, "not any more, but try Age Concern"
Think you have to be old. They didn't ask about income or savings.

Drinking quality?

BTW, CORGI has nothing to do with quality of workmanship or with general plumbing. In fact, many CORGIs are some of the worst heating and plumbing engineers in the kingdom.

By drinking quallity, I mean possible warmish water from the cold tap when central heating is on.
Always draw it off anyway and let stand to get rid of chlorine.
Some comeback with Corgi or new version.
Clicked 'show my images', where are they?. Anyway on Album.

here pictures.Odd forum, can't copy and paste, can't delete messages.

Drinking quality?

BTW, CORGI has nothing to do with quality of workmanship or with general plumbing. In fact, many CORGIs are some of the worst heating and plumbing engineers in the kingdom.
Indeed, Mr. Goldberg. They are only fit for Odd-Job and golf caddying ;) Was that point exactly where the lead pipe came in....Looks like they managed to pull it back and get the blue plastic through the same hole.

New hole Nige, old lead pipe was other side of toilet.
Plumber dug a hole beside water meter, did a sacrificial pilot drill at a high point to determine path of pipe, and cut and connected . The water meter was already blue plastic to lead years ago.
More pictures for the aficionado.
Please no in -house argy bargy it spoils the post. Live and let live.

Looks like an awquard job to do with that concrete etc. There is such a small area of contact between the c/h and the main- a piece of slate should do it ;) .

Many thanks for your help and re-assurance.
Never thought to drink water, like a conditioned thingy, beer is for drinking , water is for washing.

Not too sure about the piece of slate that might chafe through the softer UPVC pipe. Expansion/Contraction movement can do funny things.... I would respectfully suggest some foam lagging to be used, and this would give both pipes some wriggle room.

DH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back