Rising Water Main - Need to move it.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Advice please, I have a water main that comes up through the floor in my utility room. Planing on extending the utility room which means this will end up in the middle of the room. (Literally the middle) Need to bury it under screed to the wall about 1m away then it can come out and up the wall to the 1st floor as it does now. MDPE pipe from outside is 25mm. Could I safely use push fit (25mm mdpe to 15mm copper at 90degrees to send it towards the wall then copper along the floor, to compression stop tap 90degrees and up the wall in copper? The buried part would be in some sort of accessible ducting should there ever be a leak in the future! Or can anyone suggest a better way of doing it?

Sponsored Links
It would be better to locate the supply pipework outside and then bring it up through a duct into the new desired location - cut off the existing location and don't have pipework buried under your new floor.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back