rising wooden flooring (put a wet blanket on the floor)help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all flooring experts therer~~

i don't know anything about flooring and yesterday, i put a wet (very wet) blanket on our wooden flooring in our living room and went to bed . (blanket was in the dryer for about an hour, but was still dripping so i laid it out on the floor to dry). when i woke up this morning and removed the wet blanket, parts of the floors were raised up. any ideas on how to fix this? do you think heating it up with a hair dryer or putting on a heater will work? or is it going to be a major work? i don't know anything about flooring and need a very simple solution. (p.s. I live on the 22nd floor of a high-rise building). thanks so so much!

Sponsored Links
Simplest solution: open the windows and ventilate so the excess moist can evaporise.
Loads of chance the floor will come back to its original shape when you give it time (should see results rather quickly)

thank you so much for your reply.
Someone also said to put heavy things on the spots that have been lifted and turn on a heater. What do you think will be better? Putting heavy books on certain spots and having the heat on or just opening the windows? Do you think putting heavy things on top will make it better or worse? How long do you think it will take to get back to normal? Thank you VERY MUCH!!!

Sponsored Links
Let it dry and get back in 'shape' on its own first before you put weight on it. Weights could restrict natural movement and you could end up with gaps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back