RJ10 cable connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there such a device?

I've got a telephone with the cable fixed in the handset rather than an RJ10 plug & socket.

I've looked for an inline RJ10 connector to add a cable on - nothing that I can see on ebay!

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Certainly RJ11 but I can't see any RJ10 inline connectors!

Sponsored Links
You could always cut the plugs off, and solder the cables and cover each joint with heat shrink sleeving

Thanks for the link Alan!

I've ordered one so that should solve the problem.

The connector has arrived but with the cables connected, I don't get the dial tone, I get a faint fizzle sound so either the connector's faulty or the pins are not the same in each socket!

This is the phone!

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
routers use the center 2 pins for the main connections.
BT phones use the next pair outwards.

Don't know what yours uses.

Are you in Ireland?

I'm in NE England but I'd have thought connections were standardized!

I plugged a couple of RJ10 curly cables in to the connector and using my meter, tested the configuration.

Checking the plug pins has identified that the connector swaps the pins round so 1/4, 2/3, 3/2 and 4/1, hence no working phone.

Job fixed!

Got an RJ10/11/45 crimper tool and a packet of RJ10 plugs. Got a spare curly cable, cut an end off and crimped a new RJ10 plug on (same wire arrangement as the other end due to reverse polarity of connector) and now have a long enough telephone hand set cable.

Its handy having a crimper tool for future repair jobs!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back