Roast my external waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello one and all.

Neighbours had a builder over this afternoon for a quote on their new conservatory. They thought we were out and the subject turned to our external waste stack in the back garden. It was recently fixed there to remove the internal waste stack from our small bathroom. Anyway, they basically were saying it's ugly. The tradesman referred to it as "special", as in, really poorly put together.

I am actually not offended by this and considered it quite insightful feedback that you wouldn't get face-to-face. But hmm, not entirely sure whether it was warranted, maybe the tradesman was mocking it to give the impression he works to a very high standard. Maybe he was just a weird person. Or maybe he's spot on.

Anyway, what better place to confirm or deny his theory than here.

So please, I cordially invite you to roast my external waste stack. Or not! Whatever you think of it, your honest opinion is hugely welcome.

IMG_20210820_140234.jpg
IMG_20210820_140228.jpg
IMG_20210820_140045.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Oh my .... puts beer down, puts glasses on and checks the label for the ABV content.

I'm further intrigued, where does it go internally and what does it look like on the inside.

Seriously though ... :eek::eek::eek:

It's a stunning post-modernist sculpture.

Why do something neat and simple when it can be done like that eh!

Suppose it's yet another example of our modern life... Young uns growing up not knowing who or what the feck they are, and this just transgresses into their work?
:(

I mean, it doesn't look great! You certainly wouldn't do it like that on a new house but the real question is does it work (yes i assume) and are you happy with it like that rather than how it was before(yes i assume). In which case who cares what other people think.
Technically it's probably got too many bend IN to be totally compliant but if it works, it works.
The full and neat solution would be to take it down to ground level and use the appropriate fittings, but that would need more work at more cost, which you would have had to been happy to pay.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back