wc waste pipe help please before I get poo on my floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi gents, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction here.

I have a flexi 4" standard waste attached to our soilstack by a plumber months ago all ready for me to fit new toilet etc when I eventually bought one (now I have it and am trying to fit it) He said it would be easy and I just need to push the loo to the wall and make sure the (spigot I think its called) is pushed firmly into the flexi waste and bingo - job done

Anyway now I have the fancy loo its not as easy as I had hoped. The spigot isnt dead straight in size and not a uniform 4" or whatever, it seems to be a bit fatter at the toilet body end and tapering off to about 4" where it meets the flexi waste. This is a nightmare is it hardly pushes on to the spigot at all (maybe 1 or 2 cms max). I dont want to risk flushing the loo with it only on by this much is there a solution for these non standard toilet with less than helpful outlets ???

I have tried smearing with silicon grease etc and it goes on a bit better but then flies off the moment you let go

I have also now (probably had a mare with this bit) tried smearing plumbers mait all over it thinking its sticky and might hold it on better :(

Thanks in advance guys

Sponsored Links
you need to remove all the silicon / grease as that will cause you probs.
these fitting never need any grease at all. if the flexi won't push on their is a problem with the flexi or the pan. and i would say the pan.
it should least push on 2".
if not get it changed. had a few over the yrs from the sheds that are faulty.

Is it, by any chance, a bowl which requires a P to S trap loose adaptor? They are ceramic and are a more or less permanent fit to the bowl spigot, and the soil pipe socket fits on to that. They have very little depth of mating. We have two of these abominations in our house. Tight bends = well, you may guess. Style 1, Function 0.

yes it is probably the pan - basically the outlet is more similarto a rubgy ball so the flexi just cant get properly over it or if it does it shoots off again the minute you let go. Its not faulty though so I cant believe that there arent a range of solutions or adaptors for this type of outlet etc

or

Might have to admit defeat and get a brand new (more sensible) toilet (cant retun it as Ive had it months waiting to do the job :(

Sponsored Links
have you the receipt and it's under a year old take it back. get fed up with the crap they turn out now days.

sorry but I cant do that bought it online about 10 months ago, they woul;d probably say ok but get it back to us, cost me about £50 to get from sussex back to lancashire :(

plus its got plumbers mait smeared all over it now

need either a waste adaptor or bite the bullet and buy a new loo then maybe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back