Toilet waste oulet goes into floor. Help needed with new loo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for a new loo and it wasn't till I found one that had its waste outlet through the floor that I checked out my own toilet. It's not one of these close coupled types, it's quite old fashioned and altho' it has the waste outlet coming out the back of the toilet, the pipes actually go thru the floor and not out the wall!! Never noticed it before, but then I've never wanted to buy a new loo before!

Problem I got now, is that I want one which fits flush (ha ha) to the wall and the present piping arrangement won't allow for that unless I get a loo with the waste outlet going thru the floor (as mentioned above). I could buy one with the oulet coming out the back and box around the gap but I don't have enough space to play with to position the new toilet so far into the room.

During my internet trawling I've only come across the one I mentioned earlier, luckily it is a style that I like. I'm getting nervous and have my credit card poised but I don't want to panic buy :(

My querie is, are toilets with the waste outlet going into the floor readily available and are they as easy to fit as the ones which go out of the wall? Are there any inherant problems with this type?

Sponsored Links
If u have a toilet now that is low level (plastic flush pipe between pan & cistern) not close coupled. If u want close coupled then ur dain in the floor will bee too far foward normally. To me pans are all horizontal out let & u fit a bent pan connector to go into the floor. S type pans as tey were called are rare nowadays to keep production costs low. R we on the right line at the moment TB

are toilets with the waste outlet going into the floor readily available
No. Except the plainest Bog Standard one, suitable for Low Level but not Close Coupled cistern. Means the flush pipe connecting to the cisten is visible.

So you have to put an elbow onto a Horizontal Outlet pan, which usually then doesn't let you push the pan /cistern back to the wall so you end up with woodwork to pack out, or box in.

I can see that I may have to get a bog standard one (no pun intended!) and use an adapter which goes into the floor. Unfortunately this will mean that the new loo will have to sit forward of the wall and I'll have to box it in not ideal :confused:

bab yes you are right, my present loo has a plastic flush pipe between pan & cistern...v ugly :cry:

My only other option is to get the one I've seen with the floor waste oulet but I'm a little wary of this and would like to hear more advice from you guys before I take the plunge. Can anyone advise on this type of toilet should I avoid it?

Sponsored Links
Whats the make n model of what u r thinkin of gettin. is it an upstairs bathroom with a wooden floor.

Right seen the unit (very nice & swish) These manufactures love makin our live,s harder. R u planning on fitting this ur self. Dont mean this in a nasty way r u Amanda. These all in one w/c,s r quite heavy to fit & a bit of a pain. but worth it in the end .Andrew.

No, I won't be fitting it myself. Not wanting to take any chances, we are going to get a plumber in to do did, we need to get one in to do the whole bathroom. I suppose it will sit in the spare room until we actually get round to re-doing the whole bathroom!

Depending on where the joist's r under the floor boards u can hav a safe bet u could move that soilpipe in the floor to where u need it . Done it maney time,s Just need a good plumber who's not lazy or scared to tackle it. If the toilet is now nxt to the wall & the soil/vent stack(stink)as u put it is tight into the corner thats a good sign it can be done. Good luck Andrew

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back