Robin Cook's final message.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
...it read: "Am on Ben Stack. View of Arkle and Foinaven can't be seen for mist. Weather foul. Wish you were here."
He was making a joke about the Scottish weather, and Arkle and Foinaven are peaks after which two famous steeplechasers were named...

On the horsey angle I certainly remember the mighty Arkle, a 'chaser, probably the greatest ever. LINK Used to give away 'stones' of weight to opponents under the handicapper, all but 3 times gave them all a sound thrashing, apparently some 27 times over the sticks.
Can you imagine the Irish at Cheltenham for the Gold cup, and their own 'dead cert' Arkle ?
;) :D :D

Sponsored Links
Bliar should be ashamed of himself on this one.

To show such disrespect to a former colleague (probably because his criticism embarrassed you, for being party to starting an illegal war) is an affront.

I have never supported Labour or agreed with Robin Cook's political leanings, however I did think him a gentleman and greatly admired him for having the decency to stand by his convictions.

Sadly, honest and truthful politicians such as Robin Cook are a rarity these days

Blair will regret this and hopefully it will come back and haunt him one day. Surely this evil mans days are numbered?

Sponsored Links
david and julie said:

To show such disrespect to a former colleague (probably because his criticism embarrassed you, for being party to starting an illegal war) is an affront.

I have never supported Labour or agreed with Robin Cook's political leanings, however I did think him a gentleman and greatly admired him for having the decency to stand by his convictions.

Sadly, honest and truthful politicians such as Robin Cook are a rarity these days

Blair will regret this and hopefully it will come back and haunt him one day. Surely this evil mans days are numbered?

I dont think that was the reason---Robin Cook knew enough to blow Blair out of the water, I though he might say once but he backed down, but his hands were tied because it meant the end of the Labour party in goverment he he said anything, so Blair cant stop celebrating

I posted this about 4

it was class ... I had it as "king cat" .. as asked by robin

Freddie said:
david and julie said:

I dont think that was the reason---Robin Cook knew enough to blow Blair out of the water, I though he might say once but he backed down, but his hands were tied because it meant the end of the Labour party in goverment he he said anything, so Blair cant stop celebrating

now Mo Mowlam, I wonder how Clare Short is feeling :eek:

How many on here have given up their holidays to go to a work colleagues funeral? get real!

Not a problem, if they have the good grace to be buried outside school holiday breaks.
:cool:

Sponsored Links
Back