ROCA Cistern help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a leak in my ROCA Cistern which is from the seal breaking down from normal wear and tear over a number of years. I have two cisterns and this happened to both, I was able to sort out one of them with ease, however, the second one is proving to be trickier.

I have uploaded a pic to make explaining easier https://gofile.io/d/J3hR1N

1- this is where I was able to unscrew the valve for the first cistern and put it back.
2- this is where I had to unscrew the valve for the second one as the first one was stuck really tight. However, by unscrewing it here I can't seem to be able to rescrew it back into the cistern as the washer on the other side seems to have fallen off...

Because of this, there is a small trickle of water going through all the time. Is there anyway to be able to get a tight seal or do I need to remove the actual cistern of the wall to be able to screw it back on?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi Shishir
I've had nothing but problems like you described, since we bought a house with these Roca toilets. Seems like a case of paying a fortune for a designer pedestal, while the important working part is cheap rubbish?
Anyhow, I've just had a breakthrough that you may like to try - I suspected that the leak may be happening at the centre of the washer, where it fits around the white plastic. So I took of the two washers (solid plastic and flexible rubber) and the part that fits on the bottom to secure it all, and wrapped the central "post" with white threading tape before putting them back on it and reinstalling the valve - worked a treat!
See how you get on...
Dom

15955356797931411053708389502310.jpg

Sponsored Links
I haven't been able to see your pics, so if it's not the same problem I apologise, but worth a try!
Dom

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back