Roca dual flush - buttons won't press

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Roca dual flush toilet. Until yesterday it was working fine but now the two metal flush buttons will not press down to reach the white plastic flush buttons inside the cistern (these are marked "6" and "3" for large and small flush).

I have taken the mechanism apart and nothing seems broken but I wanted to check that the parts are in the right order (see picture below).

Which way up do the two white plastic parts go inside the cistern?

Many thanks to anyone who can help.

2moxn9l.jpg

Sponsored Links
ha ha you have took it well apart!!

There should be two thin threaded white plastic rods, they can be screwed in and out to allow the toilet to flush.

Also the mechanism for the flush (can be raised) very hard to explain in writing though

Looks like 'Geberit' flush valve upper parts, is there a white tube and a green tube that go between the buttons and the top of the white&green pressure pads?

(typically these tubes are 3-4" long and are really just 'push-rods')

If jammed open/closed (renewal of the entire valve may be needed, These cost a fair bit though, about £35). They unclip from the basket in the base of the china cistern (two clips depressed with thumbs and lifted upwards) The push button sets are available from any plumbers merchants.

There was another thread regarding geberit flushing valves a day or so back, take a look-see.

FWIW, I remove a lot of the geberit valves and replace with fluidmaster types. Takes a lot longer (removal of cistern from pan required etc).

HTH

Dreadnought

Edit. Darn it, NGI got there first

Thanks both.

Can you tell me how to position the two white plastic parts shown in the photo above?

The two pressure pads work fine and don't jam, it's just the external buttons which aren't working properly.

There are no other parts (no rods) - this picture shows the inside of the cistern including the pressure pads.

jqgxap.jpg

Sponsored Links
I got it wrong. Its not a geberit valve. But summat has to push down on those white pads.

Have they been flushed away and are lurking beneath the cistern (its unlikely that they will emerge from under the rim....)

Suggest that you go to a plumbers merchant with your collection of pieces and ask for a replacement set.

See www.lunns.net for a full range

Dreadnought

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back