ROCA tap removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Previously posted about this but can't find original now so apologies for new thread....

Have removed grub crew but not sure what the next step is in dismantling tap to check washer condition etc..

(Problem was noisy creaking, grinding sound when bathroom sink tap swivelled laterally).

Many thanks

L

Sponsored Links
the handle will useally just lift off the square which is what the grub screw tightened against.
and you'll find it's a cartridge rather than a washer.

Thanks

I tried but it wouldn't come off. Is it supposed to lift off easily?

Cheers

Might take a good tug. Quick sharp movements are better.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks

Manged to remove it finally. I also undid the screw in the plastic block above the cartridge but that still didn't loosen the cartridge. Are you meant to unscrew the cartridge or should it just ease off with the screw removed?

Ironically I don't think my prob is anything to do with the cartridge anyway! The problem is the awful groaning noise when you move the handle on and off i.e up and down as opposed to laterally.

The noise stops when you stop moving the handle. I cleaned the inside of the handle but it wasn't that dirty and it hasn't made any difference.

We've had the tap for about a year but it's only been making this noise for a month or so.

Is this a feature of ROCA taps?

Any ideas greatly appreciated as usual.

Longshanks

Hi

I didn't realise that this was such a blatantly obvious or futile question.

I just wondered why a 12 mont old ROCA tap would suddenly start creaking like this on vertical movement.

Apologies for wasting everyone's time again.

L

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back