Roller garage door installation in sectional concrete garage?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Looking for ideas on how to mount a roller door to my new sectional concrete garage that arrives soon. I'm concerned that as the panels are concave on the inside I'm not going to have enough (flat) surface to mount the rails and roller mounting brackets...
Someone mentioned fitting 8x2 wood to the area where mounts are reqd but I'm not sure how you'd fix the wood effectively (the concrete panels are notorious for being tricky to drill) plus I'd rather not introduce any wood at all into the garage having just specified as a low maintenance UPVC version (kinda defeats the object....)
Garage is a Leofric Moreton and the door will probably be a Gliderol mini.

Any (sensible) suggestions welcome from people who may have faced a similar issue before.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I must be the only person to have thought about this judging by the lack of replies, either that or the only person dim enough to consider it :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back