Roller garage door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, My roller garage door went up half way and stopped, it wouldn't go up or down. I wound it down manually and sent it up again. It stopped half way and did the same. Again I wound it down manually but this time as I was winding it would start going down on its own for a few seconds. When i got about 12 inches from the floor it closed normally. I sent it up again, but this time it went all the way up but not down. It did the same again when I wound it down.
Has anyone any ideas as to what the problem is?. it had a new brake on it last year.

Cheers

craig

Sponsored Links
Most doors have safety features, and if the setting are out, then it can cause doors to open again. As to wear they are varies, but a stone under the door can cause it to reopen.

Some have sensors in the rubber sealing strip at bottom or door, and some monitor the power required, it may be oiling the runners is all that is needed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back