Rolling pool cover

Thanks. This was my original thought. I think if I change to bigger aluminium it would need to be massive, but could be welded to the current frame. Steel would be ideal as much stronger but very hard to weld steel to aluminium (hence bolting it on).

I think I’d need to have actual calculations what would work as otherwise I’m guessing the size of box section that’s needed (and it’s the guessing that got me into this mess in the first place!)

Sponsored Links
Does it only sag with the decking on top?
It sags without the decking by 10-20mm so it can roll over the pool (as the castors at the sides provide 30mm clearance). With decking on I need to raise the whole frame by an extra 40mm as it sags so much in the middle.

If I could reduce the sag to a maximum of 10mm with decking this would solve the problem.

Sponsored Links
Lower the wheels by 40mm?
The castors are sitting inside the 75x50mm box frame and are 80mm. As the sit 30mm outside it leaves 50mm of the castors still in the frame. The maximum size castor I can manage is 120mm which leaves only an extra 20mm outside the frame

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 38

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back