Ronseal Anti Condensation Paint?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

so, i'm part way through insulating the garage, now i've put in vapour membranes etc. What i'm keen to avoid is any condensation to accumulate from inside out rather than coming in from outside.

So, with this in mind, I have seen ronseal anti condensation paint.

anyone used it? any good?

just keen to keep moisture down where I can

Sponsored Links
There are paints that claim to have superior thermal qualities and anti-fungicidal properties.

Personally I suspect that the thermal qualities are possibly over rated.

I don't understand why you think you will have lots of condensation generated inside the garage. If you currently have excessive moisture, you might be better off by improving airflow.

If you are insulating it properly, and presumably adding some heat, then condensation shouldn't be a problem? Unless you plan to turn it into a shower room, kitchen etc.
Trickle vents?

yeah all insulated, will certainly be adding heat - that throws a question up really, do I need constant heat? I was intending to heat as and when required, but probably best to apply a constant minimum heat I assume, just to maintain internal heat.

but no, not a shower room, not a kitchen (might stick a kettle in there mind and it does have a fridge) other than that, just a man cave

Sponsored Links
Probably depends what you keep in there. Shouldn't need constant heat if well insulated with good vapour control. But if left freezing for weeks on end it will still get very cold and moisture in the air will get in somehow. Should stay dry though... You could always get one of those tube heaters with thermostat and timer to keep it from freezing.

From what I understand it has cork in it to improve its thermal properties

Didn't work in my old cold bathroom!

fair enough, won't bother then! probably just go with some Dulux kitchen or bathroom paint in that case, least then it'll last - our bathroom one does the job well in there so should easily cope with the garage (and I have a pot left over)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back