Roof Cement Type Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Noticed this weekend that the cement below the tiles on my kitchen roof has gaps and appears to be disintegrating (see photos).

What type of cement would you recommend to do this job? I've got some normal cement that I've filled some bits in the yard with, but I'm not sure whether that's the best option or not.

Any other recommendations for doing this job?

Thanks alot.

CIMG4094.jpg

CIMG4096.jpg

Sponsored Links
Just ordinary cement and building sand mixed at a ratio of 3 sand to 1 cement is usual for roof verges.

You can use them but they are for general use and are normally the strength of brickwork mortar which is usually a 4/5 to 1 mix and as stated earlier roofing mixes should be a 3 to 1 mix.

Sponsored Links
Thanks. Was only hoping for some ready mix solution to solve the sand/cement/water mixing issue. Anyone know if there is a UK readymix for this?

I'm well aware that mixing sand/cement/water will for most of you will be the simplest job in the world, but I'm sure you were a first time buyer once.

An idiot guide on the web that I'm unable to locate?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back